Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reflection 8 Assignment 6: Creating an Eyejot Video

Creating an Eyejot video has been the most challenging assignment so far! In saying that, I do not mean the actually creation of the video. Who can set there and talk about their selves while looking at their selves on video without being nervous? I think I recorded and deleted about four videos before I actually submitted my final one. For a good laugh, check out this site:

http://www.eyejot.com/mview/964C1EE75E9A43ADF56F432E42A3654A9565CD423E10517B566F03DF279EF1BO

This assignment introduced us to this weeks readings and discussion on Interactive Videos in education.

One of the most important advantages I see with Interactive Video in education is that it offers a way to share scarce resources to rural populations. We all know that some schools offer more variety in their courses than others. With IVN, students all around the world could have some of the same opportunities. Also, I think it’s important that we see with video conferencing students can interact with other students around the world. This is an excellent way of teaching and learning about other cultures. As far as the disadvantages, I think that it may be of better use for more mature audiences. I couldn’t see many of my seventh graders actively participating in an IVN course. However, some of the more advanced students would really appreciate the opportunity for a class that has fewer disruptions because it has fewer students. One of the more obvious disadvantages to an IVN course is the typical computer “glitches” that we see in most all technology. The sound has much static and can delay a little at times.

No comments: