Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reflection 4 Assignment 2: Creating a Blog

Wow! I have never created a blog except on MySpace and well; it’s not exactly the same thing! This assignment is one that I can not wait to share with some of the teachers at my school. A blog provides a website for on-line discussions. The blog is created with a specific topic and the public can view it and leave comments about it. It’s an excellent tool for class discussion in any subject. While math would be more challenging since we do not do much writing, I could think of a few ways to incorporate it.

I could use blog in my math class for a time of reflection. Students could tell something they learned or enjoyed in a specific lesson. Also, I could use it for specific projects like Famous Mathematicians. I could have students post their findings and respond to others. This would be an excellent tool for classes like English, Social Studies, Reading, or Science. Students and teachers could have debates and many writing opportunities. While this a great source for educators, it is also used by people for everyday “expression.” If you’re a writer and you like discussing every day world topics or giving your opinion then a blog is for you! When you visit www.blogger.com you can create a blog in a matter of minutes.

No comments: